Stinging insects are terrifying. There, I said it. Unfortunately, part of being a pest management professional (PMP) is managing stinging arthropods such as wasps, bees — and even centipedes, scorpions and caterpillars. And often, PMPs must show no fear in front of clients during these calls.
Typically, these arthropods won’t bother you if you don’t bother them, but we often are tasked with engaging them in battle. As fall approaches, we must be more aware of the dangers of managing these pests. Here are some tips to remember:
- Wear proper protective equipment (PPE), such as a bee suit and veil.
- Have quick-knockdown aerosols readily available.
- Invest in a pair of heavy-duty work gloves.
- Consider carrying an antihistamine in case of an adverse reaction, and seek immediate medical attention if you have an abnormal reaction.
- If you are allergic to stinging insects, be sure to carry your medication and never work alone.
from Pest Management Professional https://www.mypmp.net/2018/10/30/dangers-of-managing-stinging-insects/
Pest Control Pros CA